- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Handful Ground Cumin seeds
- Handful Ground Dried Coriander
- 1 tsp Salt & Pepper
- Half a packet of cous cous
- 1 litre of chicken stock
- I knob of butter
- 1 cup of sultanas
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- Handful of fresh chopped mint
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- Sprig fresh coriander (garnish)
- On a plate mix together the Cumin, Coriander, salt & pepper.
- Slice Chicken breast into strips and coat the strips in the dry mix.
- Fry Chicken gently until cooked through.
- Place cous cous and butter into a large bowl, pour over Chicken stock until the cous cous is almost covered.
- Whisk lightly with a fork and cover bowl with a tea towel.
- Keep checking the cous cous, it may need more Chicken stock.
- Whisk it with a fork at regular intervals.
- When cous cous is soft and fluffy add the chopped apricots, sultanas and Almonds and stir through. Place cous cous in a bowl or plate.
- Place chicken strips on top and serve with mint yogurt (add mint to yogurt), garnish with fresh coriander and Bob’s your uncle.
NotesI used to make this when I was a poor, useless student if I was trying to impress someone; It's cheap and easy but tastes quite impressive.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More