- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup cold shortening
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablesppons cold water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour and salt, then cut in cold butter and shortening until mixture becomes pea-sized. Add water, vanilla and vinegar and knead dough until it comes together.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerated for an hour before use.
- If your dough seems to dry add a little more water, but if it is too wet, simply add a bit more flour!
NotesThis dough freezes really nicely as well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More