- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 Pockets
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Your favorite pie filling
- 1. Mix shortening, flour and salt together with fork or pastry blender until very crumbly. Add as much cold water as needed to hold together, and mix lightly with fork.
- 2. Divide dough in two pieces and roll, one at a time, to the size of Sandwich Maker surface. Gently place on pre-heated surface.
- 3. Spoon one tablespoon or so of fruit/pie filling into each pocket. Cover with second piece of dough. Close and latch Sandwich Maker and let cook until crust is golden brown.
- 4. Gently remove with spatula (the crusts break/crumble easily)
NotesMy mom used to make something like this for my sisters and I when we were kids. She used the Sandwich Maker we had, and used bread instead of pie crust, I think. I think these would be great warm topped with ice cream, or as a take-along for a picnic. I've even frozen some and reheated them in the oven later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
The Naked Macaron
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More