EASY PIE POCKETS (WITH SANDWICH MAKER)
Easy Pie Pockets (With Sandwich Maker)
- Servings: 4 Pockets
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Your favorite pie filling
1. Mix shortening, flour and salt together with fork or pastry blender until very crumbly. Add as much cold water as needed to hold together, and mix lightly with fork.
2. Divide dough in two pieces and roll, one at a time, to the size of Sandwich Maker surface. Gently place on pre-heated surface.
3. Spoon one tablespoon or so of fruit/pie filling into each pocket. Cover with second piece of dough. Close and latch Sandwich Maker and let cook until crust is golden brown.
4. Gently remove with spatula (the crusts break/crumble easily)