- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI use this pizza crust all the time! If you have a stand mixture, this is super easy, if you don't, use the dough hook attachments for your hand held mixture. It is awesome for thin crust or deep dish dish, you pick :)
- 1 (.25) envelope rapid dry yeast
- 2 C. lukewarm water
- 1/2 C. vegetable oil
- 1/4 C. olive oil
- 1/2 C. cornmeal
- 5 1/2 C. flour
- 1.) Place the water in a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over water and let stand for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- 2.) Pour in vegetable and olive oil & 3 C. flour.
- Mix very well, about 10 mintues of medium speed. Add remaining flour and cornmeal, mix for about another 5 minutes.
- 3.) Place dough out onto a floured surface and cover with same bowl you used to mix.
- Allow dough to rise until doubled into size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough and rise again, about 1/2 hour.
- 4.) Cook with favorite toppings in preheated 475 degree oven.
- *I prebake my crust for about 3-5 minutes and then bake it after I've put the toppings on for about 20.