- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10 - 120
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 lbs., giblets and any excess fat removed.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- In a small bowl whisk the marinade ingredients
- Cut the chicken into six pieces: two breast halves, two whole legs (thigh and drumstick), and two wings (remove and discard wing tips)
- Brush each chicken piece on both sides with the marinade.
- If you have the time, marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for as long as 4 hours. If not, you can roast the chicken right away.
- Prepare the grill for direct and indirect cooking over medium heat (350F - 450F)
- Brush the cooking grates clean.
- Grill the chicken pieces , skin side down, over indirect medium heat with the lid closed as much as possible, until fully cooked, turning once or twice. The breasts and wing pieces will take 30 - 40 minutes and the whole legs with take 40 - 50 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes of grilling time, move the chicken over direct medium heat and cook until well browned all over, turning once or twice.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
NotesWeber's Time To Grill by Jamie Purviance
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More