- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut up
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 cups Bread flour
- 1/3 cup chopped candied fruits and peels, drained of syrup
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. finely shredded orange peel
- 1-1/2 tsp. finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tsp. Fleischmann’s Bread Machine Yeast
- Almond Icing
- Add all ingredients except icing to bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer, adding fruits and peels and almonds with flour. Drizzle cooled bread with Almond Icing.
- Almond Icing: Stir together 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp. almond extract, and enough milk (2 to 3 tsp.) to make icing of drizzling consistency.
- Recommended cycle: Basic/white bread cycle; light or medium/normal color setting.
- To toast nuts: Spread chopped nuts in a shallow baking pan large enough to accommodate a single layer.
- Bake the nuts at 350º F. for 5 to 15 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring several times and checking often.
- Be sure to cool the nuts before adding them to the bread. Yield: 1-1/2 lb. loaf.
NotesFleischmann's yeast has taken the work out of making this bread by hand and utilizing one of my favorite appliances...the bread machine...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More