- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups cold, cooked rice (Make the day before)
- 1 cup diced carrots (I used baby carrots and cut them into discs)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups peas (I used frozen)
- Dash or two of dried minced onions (My husband doesn't like onions much so I used this rather than fresh)
- 2-3 Medium garlic cloves, minced
- Chinese BBQ Pork - I didn't measure how much I used. I am guessing 1 to 1 /2 lbs. It comes already cooked.
- 3 eggs
- 1 small can shrimp (You can use fresh and chop it up if you prefer)
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Dash or two of sesame oil
- Soy Sauce
- Teriyaki Marinade
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- Using a very large saute pan or wok, add enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom. Turn heat to medium/high. Add a dash or two of sesame oil -- being careful not to add too much as this is very potent stuff. Add your carrots, garlic, onion and peas. Let them cook for a few minutes and be careful not to let the garlic burn. Add the chopped Chinese pork and shrimp; heat through.
- Add the cold rice and stir to combine with the oil. Add a blend of soy sauce and a little teriyaki marinade, tasting as you go. You want the rice to take on a light brown color as it absorbs the soy sauce. Stir frequently, checking for seasoning and adding any salt and pepper if necessary.
- Once the rice is tasting how you like it, shove some of the rice mixture aside to create room to cook the eggs. Once the eggs start to set, mix them with the rice and stir occasionally until the egg mixture is incorporated and cooked through.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More