- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 C fresh/frozen corn kernels
- 1 15.5 oz can red beans in chili sauce
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 Tbls chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 C shredded colby cheese
- A bag of Fritos
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef & onions. Drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, green chilies.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 to 15 min. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper. Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low simmer 30 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with lots of cheese & Fritos. (I also sprinkled lots of diced jalapenos on mine... I like it hot!!)
NotesThe kids loved it! A friend came over right after dinner and I offered him a bowl of chili. He said no thanks, he wasn't really hungry... we had some corn chips & dip out... he started scooping up the chili with the chips and raving about it... he put a big dent in the chili for someone that wasn't really hungry!! hehehe
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Michoacan Style Carnitas Recipe
Toasted Coconut WafersSee More