EASY SKILLET CHILI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 C fresh/frozen corn kernels
- 1 15.5 oz can red beans in chili sauce
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 TBLS chili powder
- 1 TBLS cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 C shredded colby cheese
- A bag of Fritos
- jalapenos, diced
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions & garlic.
- Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, green chilies.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 to 15 min. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low simmer 30 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with lots of cheese & Fritos & jalapenos.
- *There are lots of cans of stuff in this recipe... don't forget to rinse & recycle the cans. =)
NotesThe kids love this! A friend came over right after dinner and I offered him a bowl of chili. He said no thanks, he wasn't really hungry... we had some corn chips & dip out... he started scooping up the chili with the chips and raving about it... he put a big dent in the chili for someone that wasn't really hungry!! hehehe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More