- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 16 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 C fresh/frozen corn kernels
- 1 15.5 oz can red beans in chili sauce
- 1 4.5 oz can diced green chilies
- 2 TBLS chili powder
- 1 TBLS cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 C shredded colby cheese
- A bag of Fritos
- jalapenos, diced
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef, onions & garlic.
- Stir in taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, corn, green chilies.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 10 to 15 min. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in beans, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low simmer 30 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with lots of cheese & Fritos & jalapenos.
- *There are lots of cans of stuff in this recipe... don't forget to rinse & recycle the cans. =)
NotesThe kids love this! A friend came over right after dinner and I offered him a bowl of chili. He said no thanks, he wasn't really hungry... we had some corn chips & dip out... he started scooping up the chili with the chips and raving about it... he put a big dent in the chili for someone that wasn't really hungry!! hehehe
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More