- Cooking Time: 360-480
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 TB packed brown sugar
- 1 B chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 (4 1/2-5 lb) boneless pork tenderloin
- 2 cups bbq sauce (optional)
- Place the onions and garlic in an even layer in the slow cooker & pour in the stock or broth.
- Combine the sugar, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Pat the pork dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the pork & place the meat on top ofo the onions & garlic.
- Cover & cook until the pork is fork tender, about 6-8 hours on high.
- This is the point where I would shred the pork & feed it to my son. He doesn't not eat the BBQ sauce.
- Turn off the slow cooker & remove the pork to a cutting board.
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a medium heatproof bowl.
- Pour the onion mixture from the slow cooker through the strainer and return the solids to the slow cooker.
- Set the strained liquid aside.
- Using 2 forks, shred the meat into bite-sized pieces, discarding any large pieces of fat.
- Return the shredded meat to the slow cooker, add the BBQ sauce, use a spoon to skim and discard the fat from the surface of the strained cooking liquid and then add 1/4 cup of the liquid at a time to the slow cooker until the pork is just moistened.
NotesI found this recipe on the internet & was so pleased that my son could enjoy the same dinner as the rest of the family! (minus the BBQ sauce) However, both my kids loved this & hope you do too!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More