EASY SLOW-ROASTED TOMATOES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Per person:
- 1 large red tomato (even a hothouse tomato in winter works)
- 1/2 tsp. crushed fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- sea salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (or 250 if you want to cut the time down by a couple of hours).
- Core your tomato. Halve the tomato (top and bottom half) and scrape out some of the seeds, leaving as much pulp as you can. Sprinkle crushed garlic, oil, and sugar over tomato. Grind salt and pepper over it.
- Spray non-stick spray on a cookie sheet or jelly roll. Place the tomato pieces, cut side up, on the pan. Roast for 6-8 hours, until the tomatoes have started to blacken around the edges.
- Delicious. Eat by itself, chop or blend it up for a pasta sauce, or serve it with toasted bread.
NotesDelicious. Eat by itself, chop or blend it up for a pasta sauce, or serve it with toasted bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More