- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of our quick and easy dinners. It is also great topped with goat cheese or feta cheese. Sorry I don't have exact measurements! I also like to vary this by adding sliced roasted red peppers, spinach, mushrooms, or onions - basically whatever I have on hand.
- 20 frozen uncooked shrimp - thawed and peeled
- 1/3 - 1/2 box thin spaghetti
- 3 cloves fresh minced garlic (about 3 teaspoons if you are using the jarred kind)
- 1 14oz can crushed tomatoes
- juice of 1/2 lemon (optional - but it's really good)
- crushed red pepper
- dried basil and oregano
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta. While pasta is cooking, heat a sautee pan over medium heat with a swirl of olive oil. Add garlic and shrimp. Cook shrimp about 1-2 minutes on each side, remove from pan and set aside. Add crushed tomatoes and lemon juice. Season to taste with crushed red pepper, basil, and oregano. Cook for about 10 minutes, letting it thicken slightly. When pasta is just about ready, return shrimp to pan and heat through. Drain pasta and serve with shrimp mixture. Top with cheese if you like!