EASY SPINACH PIE
- 2 cups multi-grain biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, chopped
- 3 – 10 ounces packages frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, granulated
- 1 cup grated lowfat cheese, or soy cheese
- 1 1/2 cups prepared spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup grated lowfat cheese, or soy cheese
1. For the crust: cut oil into dry mix. Add water and stir until well mixed. Form the dough into a ball; knead 15–20 times until it is elastic and holds together. Divide the dough in half and roll out one section, reserving the other until the filling is finished. Lightly oil a 9-inch pie plate and place the rolled crust in it.
2. For the filling: sauté onion, mushroom, spinach and spices in oil until tender. Drain well and place in pie crust.
3. Top with cheese, then the second section of pie crust. Bake at 450°F for about 10 minutes.
4. Heat sauce, and pour over pie. Top with cheese, slice and serve.