- Cooking Time: 25-30min
- Servings: 2 strudels
- Preparation Time: 15min
- 2 tbsp. oilve oil
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup diced lean ham
- 10 eggs (we use EggBeaters. It's one 8oz cart plus two egg whites from another cart)
- 1 3oz package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 (17.3oz) box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- Directions for egg mix: Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan.
- Combine red pepper, onion, spinach and ham and heat until sauted (about 5min).
- Add all eggs into mix and cook, stirring frequently until set.
- Add cheese, cream cheese and garlic salt, stirring until melted.
- Directions for pastry: On a lightly floured surface roll pastry into a 12x10in rectangle.
- Trim both top corners of pasty and notch opposite short side of pasty.
- Cut expoxed pastry diagonally into strips.
- Move pastry dough to a lined baking pan.
- Spoon egg filling down the center of pastry.
- Then fold top edge over pastry over egg filling.
- Braid pastry strips over filling and tuck ends of pastry strips under at opposite ends.
- Brush pastry dough with some olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Bake for 25min, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until cheese on top is melted. Serve hot.
NotesI adapted this recipe from a magazine called Christmas Cooking Southern Style. I changed the way the mag prepared it, using new and healthier ingredients.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
GAES PTO Recipes
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More