EASY STRUDEL BAKE
- Cooking Time: 25-30min
- Servings: 2 strudels
- Preparation Time: 15min
- 2 tbsp. oilve oil
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 cup diced lean ham
- 10 eggs (we use EggBeaters. It's one 8oz cart plus two egg whites from another cart)
- 1 3oz package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 (17.3oz) box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Directions for egg mix: Heat oil in a large nonstick saute pan.
Combine red pepper, onion, spinach and ham and heat until sauted (about 5min).
Add all eggs into mix and cook, stirring frequently until set.
Add cheese, cream cheese and garlic salt, stirring until melted.
Directions for pastry: On a lightly floured surface roll pastry into a 12x10in rectangle.
Trim both top corners of pasty and notch opposite short side of pasty.
Cut expoxed pastry diagonally into strips.
Move pastry dough to a lined baking pan.
Spoon egg filling down the center of pastry.
Then fold top edge over pastry over egg filling.
Braid pastry strips over filling and tuck ends of pastry strips under at opposite ends.
Brush pastry dough with some olive oil.
Preheat oven to 400F. Bake for 25min, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake until cheese on top is melted. Serve hot.