- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time: 20
- 3-4 pound chuck roast
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2-3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup beef broth or water
- Season and brown meat in a pan.
- Combine vegetables and add to slow cooker.
- Add browned meat to slow cooker, add broth.
- Cover and cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-6 hours.
NotesOn Super Bowl Sunday I had a lot of things to do and wanted to watch the game without fussing with dinner. We didn't feel like snacking throughout the game, so instead I made a roast with vegetables which came out pretty good. I didn't follow a recipe, sort of know in my head how to put it together and I thought browning the meat would give it a better flavor. You can also add pototoes, but I cooked new potatoes separately and served on the side. Also great as left-overs the next day with mashed potatoes.