- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- dash of chili powder (I use chipotle)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced, or a few stalks of scallions, chopped, if you prefer less heat
- 1 bunch fresh parsely, chopped, or more if you like (I do!)
- 1 or 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
In a medium bowl, pour boiling water over the bulgur wheat. Cover and let it stand for about 30 minutes to absorb all of the water.
In another bowl, or a shaker, add the oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, oregano, and chili powder. Whisk or shake well to combine. Add vegetables and parsley to the bulgur wheat, pour the oil mixture over, and toss well.
Chill for an hour or more, serve over lettuce or in a pita.