- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryOne of my all-time FAVORITE dessert recipes is this one for tiramisu. Whenever I host a large get-together you can bet that my tiramisu will be present. I recommend making this the night before to let all the flavors have a chance to settle. I find it really does taste better after spending a night in the fridge, trust me on this one.
- 1 pkg Vanilla Pudding
- 1 pkg Cream Cheese (250 g), softened
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tbsp. instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 pkgs of Milano giant lady fingers
- 1 1/2 cups thawed whipped topping
- 4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, coarsely grated
- 1. Prepare pudding according to package directions. Beat cream cheese and coffee liqueur into pudding. Cover with plastic wrap and chill one hour.
- 2. Combine coffee, hot water and sugar; brush over lady fingers.
- 3. Fold whipped topping into pudding mixture.
- 4. Line bottom of an 8 cup trifle bowl with half of the lady fingers. Spread half of the pudding mixture over lady fingers; sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate. Reapeat layers. Cover tightly; chill at least 4 hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- TIP - To make chocolate curls warm the chocolate squares for a few seconds in the microwave before grating onto a piece of waxed paper.