- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2½ sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 2½ cups confectioners’ sugar (10 ounces)
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1. In a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter at medium-high speed until smooth, about 20 seconds. Using a paring knife, scrape seeds from vanilla bean into butter and beat mixture at medium-high speed to combine, about 15 seconds.
- 2. Add confectioners’ sugar and salt; beat at medium-low speed until most of the sugar is moistened, about 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl and beat at medium speed until mixture is fully incorporated, about 30 seconds; scrape bowl, add vanilla and heavy cream, and beat at medium speed until incorporated, about 20 seconds, then increase speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes, scraping down bowl once or twice.
NotesSmooth, buttery, sweet and fluffy - delicious buttercream that is speckled with vanilla bean.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More