- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups AP Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Soymilk
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Begin by heating up your waffle iron so it’s ready to receive batter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, and add in the wet.
- Stir to incorporate, but don’t over do it - Lumpiness is just fine!
- Once your iron is nice and hot, grease with cooking spray or margarine, and ladle a healthy portion of batter on top. It really depends on the size of your waffle iron, so don’t be discouraged if your first couple are a little bit funny looking.
- Cook for about 4-6 minutes or so, and serve hot.
- If, however you’d like to save them for later like I do, allow them to cool for about 15 minutes on a wire rack. Wrap them up in a clean plastic bag, and just throw them in the freezer!
NotesThese are wonderful to make when you get a spare moment, easily frozen and then defrosted in a snap to create satisfying breakfasts all week long.
[This recipe and many others can be found on my blog at http://www.bittersweetblog.wordpress.com, and look out for my upcoming cookbook, My Sweet Vegan, available for pre-order on amazon.com now!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
A Falcon FeastSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More