- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are wonderful to make when you get a spare moment, easily frozen and then defrosted in a snap to create satisfying breakfasts all week long.
[This recipe and many others can be found on my blog at http://www.bittersweetblog.wordpress.com, and look out for my upcoming cookbook, My Sweet Vegan, available for pre-order on amazon.com now!
- 2 Cups AP Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Soymilk
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- Begin by heating up your waffle iron so it’s ready to receive batter.
- Combine all the dry ingredients, and add in the wet.
- Stir to incorporate, but don’t over do it - Lumpiness is just fine!
- Once your iron is nice and hot, grease with cooking spray or margarine, and ladle a healthy portion of batter on top. It really depends on the size of your waffle iron, so don’t be discouraged if your first couple are a little bit funny looking.
- Cook for about 4-6 minutes or so, and serve hot.
- If, however you’d like to save them for later like I do, allow them to cool for about 15 minutes on a wire rack. Wrap them up in a clean plastic bag, and just throw them in the freezer!
L. Kayell presents: Cook with the WOW Characters of iN Education, Inc.
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Rita's Meals By Design Summer Chefs 2015See More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More