- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis frosting is rich and velvety and is sure to work well to top any cupcake, cake and more! It's also very versatile and can be adapted!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp. Vanilla ext.
- 1/2 Tsp. Almond ext.
- 6-7 Tbsp. Milk
- 1.) Cream butter in mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat in confectioner's sugar 1-2 cups at a time with mixer. Add extracts.
- 2.) Add milk 3 Tbsp. at a time until the desired "frosting" consistency is achieved.
- **This recipe can also be easily doubled and frozen- I always have a batch in the freezer!
- It is also versatile and can be added to/ changed to make:
- -Chocolate buttercream frosting (replace 1/2 cup of pwdr. sugar with cocoa),
- -Lemon (replace milk with lemon juice and add 1 Tsp. lemon peel),
- -Peanut Butter (1/2 Cup peanut butter instead of regular butter)
- -Peppermint (Replace Vanilla ext. with peppermint)
- ***This recipe was adapted from "Taste of Home's" "Easy Buttercream Icing"***