- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp. Vanilla ext.
- 1/2 Tsp. Almond ext.
- 6-7 Tbsp. Milk
- 1.) Cream butter in mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat in confectioner's sugar 1-2 cups at a time with mixer. Add extracts.
- 2.) Add milk 3 Tbsp. at a time until the desired "frosting" consistency is achieved.
- **This recipe can also be easily doubled and frozen- I always have a batch in the freezer!
- It is also versatile and can be added to/ changed to make:
- -Chocolate buttercream frosting (replace 1/2 cup of pwdr. sugar with cocoa),
- -Lemon (replace milk with lemon juice and add 1 Tsp. lemon peel),
- -Peanut Butter (1/2 Cup peanut butter instead of regular butter)
- -Peppermint (Replace Vanilla ext. with peppermint)
- ***This recipe was adapted from "Taste of Home's" "Easy Buttercream Icing"***
NotesThis frosting is rich and velvety and is sure to work well to top any cupcake, cake and more! It's also very versatile and can be adapted!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More