- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' Sugar
- 3/4 Tsp. Vanilla ext.
- 1/2 Tsp. Almond ext.
- 6-7 Tbsp. Milk
- 1.) Cream butter in mixing bowl until fluffy. Beat in confectioner's sugar 1-2 cups at a time with mixer. Add extracts.
- 2.) Add milk 3 Tbsp. at a time until the desired "frosting" consistency is achieved.
- **This recipe can also be easily doubled and frozen- I always have a batch in the freezer!
- It is also versatile and can be added to/ changed to make:
- -Chocolate buttercream frosting (replace 1/2 cup of pwdr. sugar with cocoa),
- -Lemon (replace milk with lemon juice and add 1 Tsp. lemon peel),
- -Peanut Butter (1/2 Cup peanut butter instead of regular butter)
- -Peppermint (Replace Vanilla ext. with peppermint)
- ***This recipe was adapted from "Taste of Home's" "Easy Buttercream Icing"***
NotesThis frosting is rich and velvety and is sure to work well to top any cupcake, cake and more! It's also very versatile and can be adapted!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More