- Cooking Time: 2
- Servings: 4 jelly jars
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryWe sometimes have some leftover wine after a dinner with friends so I wanted to use it up. This only takes 2 cups of wine and you can use any kind you want. This latest batch I used Yellow Tail Cabernet Suavignon (red wine) but I have used all kinds.
- 2 cups wine (any kind you like)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package liquid pectin
- Stir 2 cups of wine with the 3 cups of sugar in a heavy pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil (one you cannot stir down) and boil exactly 1 minute.
- Add the entire package of liquid pectin and bring to a second rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and add to clean,sterilized jelly jars.
- Put inner seal on and screw on bands
- Place in boiling water canning bath and process 5 minutes
- Cool and check lids to be sure they sealed