Easy Zucchini and Cauliflower Curry Recipe
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
1 ½ tablespoons Oil
½ teaspoon Cumin seeds, optional
A pinch of asafetida, optional
½ large red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
One 14 oz can of diced or crushed tomatoes. I like San Marzano or Muir Glen.
2 zucchinis, about 12 oz
6 cauliflower florets (about 1 heaping cup of florets)
¼ cup coconut milk
Chopped cilantro or mint for garnish
1.Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add cumin seeds if using. When they sizzle, add the asafetida if using.
2. Immediately add chopped onions. Cook on medium heat till the onions are lightly browned.
3. While the onions are cooking, puree the tomatoes. Place the canned tomatoes in a blender. Fill the empty tomato can with water, pour this into the blender as well. Puree well. You should have about 30 oz of puree now. Set aside.
4. When the onions are browned, add minced garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
5. Add curry powder and stir another 10 seconds. Then pour in pureed tomatoes and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-high, partially cover the pan with a lid and let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes or till the sauce thickens a little. Careful, the sauce will bubble and splatter.
6. While the sauce is cooking, prepare the vegetables. Cut the zucchini into 3/4th inch rounds. Peel and cut the carrot into ½ inch pieces. Break up the cauliflower into florets.
7. Toss the vegetables in the curry sauce, cover and cook till the zucchini is soft, about 10 minutes.
Turn off heat and stir in the coconut milk. For an extra creamy curry, add 1/2 cup coconut milk instead of the 1/4 stated in this recipe.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: