- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbl butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- Butter 12 standard size muffin cups or a popover pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs and salt.
- Using a whisk, beat lightly.
- Stir in milk and butter and beat in the flour just until blended.
- Do not over beat.
- Fill each cup about half full and place in cold oven.
- Set temperature to 425 and bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 and bake until the popovers are golden, 10-15 minutes longer.
- They should be crisp on the outside.
- Quickly pierce each popover with a thin metal skewer or the tip of a small knife to release the steam.
- Leave in the oven a couple of minutes for further crisping.
- Remove and serve at once.
- Makes 12 muffins or 6 popovers.
- Serve with fruit or honey-flavored butter. Make honey butter by adding 1 tablespoon honey to 1/2 cup softened butter. Cream together until throughly blended.
NotesI got this recipe out of a book titled Apples of Gold. It's a six-week nurturing program for women that I coordinate at my church. Each time we meet we have 1 hour of cooking, 1 hour of bible study and 1 hour of fellowship.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Short & SweetSee More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More