- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 med apples
- 1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks salted cream butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Can mountain Dew
- A few shakes of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples. Cut into wedges.
- Heat butter, vanilla, and sugar over very low heat. When its done the mixture should be a fairly thick consistency with all the butter melted.
- Pop open crescent roll tube and separate the triangles
- Roll 1 of each apple wedges into the crescent roll dough.
- Line in rows on a greased/buttered baking pan
- When finished with all rows, slowly pour sugar mixture over each dumpling. Make sure to thoroughly coat.
- Add the can of mountain dew. Pour in between dumpling rows and around sides of pan. You dont want to pour it right over the dumplings because it will wash off the other sauce.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon over each dumpling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Do not cover. Apples inside should be tender.
- Remove from pan with spatula or large spoon and place on platter. Spoon or drizzle remaining warm sauce from pan over the dumplings.
- Enjoy! Goes great with ice cream.
NotesI watched a friend make it once. Since then I have experimented with it a little. Its one of our family's favorite deserts. I never liked apple dumplings until this recipe. I have made it for several occasions and everyone seems to love it. They cant believe it has mountain dew as an ingredient. Feel free to play around with it a little yourself.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More