- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 med apples
- 1 tube Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 sticks salted cream butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Can mountain Dew
- A few shakes of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel and core apples. Cut into wedges.
- Heat butter, vanilla, and sugar over very low heat. When its done the mixture should be a fairly thick consistency with all the butter melted.
- Pop open crescent roll tube and separate the triangles
- Roll 1 of each apple wedges into the crescent roll dough.
- Line in rows on a greased/buttered baking pan
- When finished with all rows, slowly pour sugar mixture over each dumpling. Make sure to thoroughly coat.
- Add the can of mountain dew. Pour in between dumpling rows and around sides of pan. You dont want to pour it right over the dumplings because it will wash off the other sauce.
- Sprinkle ground cinnamon over each dumpling.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Do not cover. Apples inside should be tender.
- Remove from pan with spatula or large spoon and place on platter. Spoon or drizzle remaining warm sauce from pan over the dumplings.
- Enjoy! Goes great with ice cream.
NotesI watched a friend make it once. Since then I have experimented with it a little. Its one of our family's favorite deserts. I never liked apple dumplings until this recipe. I have made it for several occasions and everyone seems to love it. They cant believe it has mountain dew as an ingredient. Feel free to play around with it a little yourself.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More