- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryEasy to to make recipe that uses basic ingredients found at almost any grocery store. Good one for the kids to help make.
So many different variations you can do with this. Add different vegetables, cheese, seasonings. For example I like it with pepper jack cheese. Maybe a combo of cheddar on mozzarella. Have your kids pick something out that they like.
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 pkgs (10oz each) of frozen chopped spinach.
- 2 cups of grated Jack cheese
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tblsp of oil
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large skillet heat the 2 tblsp of oil and brown the beef and onion. Add the Garlic salt and Basil.
- Place the 2 pkgs of frozen chopped spinach on top of the beef and cover the pan to allow to steam until the spinach can be mixed with the meat.
- In another small pan your going to make a simple cream sauce by adding the butter and flour to make a roux. Mix well in the pan and allow the flour to cook a few minutes.
- Slowly add the milk while stirring. This will help keep the sauce smooth. Keep stirring until the cream mixture comes to a boil and is thickened. Add salt.
- Add the cream sauce to the meat/spinach mixture. Stir to mix well.
- Pour the entire mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30min.
- Let set for about 5 minutes before serving.