- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 5 large russet potatoes, cleaned, poked with fork, and wrapped with saran wrap
- 1 12 oz can sliced olives, drained
- 4 stalks celery diced
- 1 cup mayo
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in microwave - times will vary depending on size, I start with 2 of them and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Rotate potatoes cooking through until they are soft to the touch (use pot holders - these suckers are going to be hot!)
- In large bowl, mix olives, celery, mayo, and eggs.
- Once potatoes are cooked, cut through saran wrap and potato peel, using knife to peel off skin and saran wrap at same time.
- Cut potatoes into slices, then quarter (if potatoes are especially big, cut slices in half then make as many additional perpendicular cuts to make large bite size pieces)
- Lightly fold in potatoes with rest of ingredients, they will break up some, which is why I like to originally cut them into larger than normal pieces to begin with.
- Serve warm, or you can refrigerate and serve cold.
NotesI was always looking for a great potato salad, adding more, when I finally realized that as a purist, what I really wanted was less - this potato salad has very few ingredients, but is consistently good and great as leftovers!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More