- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
BackstoryWe decided on experimenting here, and used wheat flour and wheat bread to make french toasts. turned out great!
- 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- sugar to taste
- cinnamon, nutmeg or all spice to taste
- if you like a salty treat use salt instead of sugar and leave out spices
- 4-5 slices wheat bread
- Oil to cook
- Mix flour, milk, egg sugar and spices
- Heat skillet or non stick pan. Add oil, dip bread slices in batter and put on skillet. to get crispier toasts, cover with lid and cook on low to medium flame. Using old bread is also a great idea :) serve with maple syrup or fresh fruits syrup.