- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- sugar to taste
- cinnamon, nutmeg or all spice to taste
- if you like a salty treat use salt instead of sugar and leave out spices
- 4-5 slices wheat bread
- Oil to cook
- Mix flour, milk, egg sugar and spices
- Heat skillet or non stick pan. Add oil, dip bread slices in batter and put on skillet. to get crispier toasts, cover with lid and cook on low to medium flame. Using old bread is also a great idea :) serve with maple syrup or fresh fruits syrup.
NotesWe decided on experimenting here, and used wheat flour and wheat bread to make french toasts. turned out great!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
A Falcon FeastSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More