- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup asiago, grated or shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper chicken pieces and add to skillet coated in cooking spray (or olive oil). Brown on all sides, then add mushrooms and minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. (Don't worry if chicken is not cooked through, it will be by the end).
- Add chicken broth, wine, and orzo and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir occasionally until orzo is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off burner and stir in peas. Stir in asiago and rosemary.
NotesThe start of this recipe came from Cooking Light and the recipe below includes my modifications.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More