- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup asiago, grated or shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper chicken pieces and add to skillet coated in cooking spray (or olive oil). Brown on all sides, then add mushrooms and minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. (Don't worry if chicken is not cooked through, it will be by the end).
- Add chicken broth, wine, and orzo and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir occasionally until orzo is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off burner and stir in peas. Stir in asiago and rosemary.
NotesThe start of this recipe came from Cooking Light and the recipe below includes my modifications.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More