- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 chicken breast halves, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup orzo
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup asiago, grated or shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper chicken pieces and add to skillet coated in cooking spray (or olive oil). Brown on all sides, then add mushrooms and minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. (Don't worry if chicken is not cooked through, it will be by the end).
- Add chicken broth, wine, and orzo and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Stir occasionally until orzo is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off burner and stir in peas. Stir in asiago and rosemary.
NotesThe start of this recipe came from Cooking Light and the recipe below includes my modifications.