- Cooking Time: 0
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 Medium sized green peppers
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes, deseeded
- 1 beefsteak tomato, deseeded
- 1/4 medium sized onion
- Garlic powder-to taste
- Cayenne Pepper- to taste
- Salt-to taste
- Remove the tops from the green peppers and remove the seeds from inside. Dice the peppers into small pieces.
- Next cut the cherry tomatoes in half and remove the seeds from inside. If you want a thinner salsa leave the seeds in.
- Cut the beefsteak tomato in half and also remove the seeds.
- Cut the beefsteak tomato into small pieces.
- Cut the onion into small pieces as well.
- Using a food processor place the peppers, tomatoes, and onion inside and add garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add these a pinch at a time and adjust seasoning as you go.
- Pulse until well combined and the desired consistency you want.
- Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy.
- For a fresher hotter taste you can substitute fresh hot peppers to use instead of the cayenne pepper to achieve heat and spice you desire.
NotesIt all started when I was overrun with green peppers and tomatoes from my home garden. Not knowing what to do with them I decided to come up with some dishes to use them before they spoiled. So I came up with the easy summer salsa. It's not like most salsas I've seen but tasted better than most I've ever had, maybe it's the fresh vegetable or maybe I'm just biased.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More