- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 large box instant vanilla pudding (or can use other flavor if desired)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 4 squares of semi sweet chocolate or 4 ounces semi sweet chips
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. hot water
- In a large saucepan, bring water, butter, sugar and salt to a boil over medium heat. Add flour all at one; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth and shiny.
- Insert a 3/4-in. round tip into a pastry bag or heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; add batter. Pipe into strips (about 3 1/2 in. long) 3 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Poke a whole in one end of each pastry with a straw or chopstick, this hole will be used to add the filling; cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pudding and whipping cream. Mix together by hand using a wire whisk. Mix well to ensure a smooth mix. When the pudding starts to set, it is finished and needs to be used immediately. Place filling into a large zip lock bag of pastry bag. Squeeze out extra air and seal the top. If using zip lock bag, cut a hole, to fit into the hole in the pastry, in one corner of the bag. Pipe filling into each pastry shell. (This filling with thicken as you chill the pastries)
- Chocolate Glaze:
- In a 1 qt. microwave safe dish, cook chocolate and butter in the microwave on high for 1 to 1/2 minutes, stirring after each 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Whisk in powdered sugar and hot water until smooth. (if needed can add more hot water to reach desired consistency, I never do) Using a regular kitchen spoon, use one spoon full of glaze for each pastry. Spoon onto pastry and spread with the back of the spoon. Refrigerate pastries until ready to serve, I chill for at least 1 hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More