- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs ground meat (I use 1 lb turkey and 1 lb turkey sausage)
- 1 medium yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper, chopped or diced (any color)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped or diced
- 1 carrot, chopped or diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced or chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4-8 garlic cloves, smashed silly
- salt and pepper, a few shakes here and there can't hurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1-2 ounce dark chocolate (70% dark preferred)
- (Spice Mix)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Assemble the spice mix into an airtight container ahead of time. Most of these ingredients are approximate. Seasonings must be to taste; you're shooting for the perfect SWEET,SALTY,SPICY combo.
- CHOP ALL THE VEGGIES UP BEFORE YOU START ANYTHING ELSE.
- In a large frying pan on HIGH HEAT, BROWN THE GROUND MEAT to about medium rare. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Drain off or use the ladle to take out the excess fat, but leave some of it in the pan to fry the vegetables.
- Remove the meat and place to the side.
- Reduce the heat to MEDIUM/HIGH. Add the onions and the jalapenos, then add all the rest of the vegetables. SAUTEE/FRY the veggies for a few minutes. Season the veggies lightly with salt and pepper. Add the tomato paste and crushed tomatoes. Cook the for a minute.
- Season the tomatoes with a little salt.
- Stir in the KILLER COCOA CHILI SPICE MIX and add the meat back.
- Keep stirring, keep a very slow boil or a simmer.
- Add Lemon juice, Lime juice, and Orange juice. Also add the dark chocolate pieces. Let the heat from the chili melt the chocolate and then mix everything together.
- STIR STIR STIR.
- Set the heat to LOW.
- Partially cover and cook for about 1/2 and hour to 1 hour.
NotesUnbelievable misture of flavors!
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More