- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 hand-fulls French Green Beans, blanched
- 2 handfuls Edamame (Japanese soy beans)
- 1 handful Wax Beans
- 1 pint Cherry Tomoatoes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Feta, crumbled (optional)
- Blanch the French and Wax beans (boil water, add beans for about 1 minute, drain, place beans in cold/ice water to stop the cooking.
- Pop the edamame out the shells.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes in half or quaters.
- Throw all the veggies together in a big bowl.
- In a separate bown or lidded jar, combine oil, vinegar, salt, pepper to your taste.
- Mix well.
- Pour over the salad and toss.
- Top with the feta if you're using it.
- A good Pecorino or Reggiano is also super good with this salad.
NotesThis is a wonderful, fresh, easy and healthy salad to throw together. This is my favorite lunch this time of year. I don't give exact measurements because this dish doesn't require it. If you love edamame like me, then add lots of edamame, if the french beans are your thing then add more of those.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More