- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was written for use with an Edge Brownie Pan or a standard 9" x 13" baking pan.
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 7 oz Unsweetened Chocolate, chopped
- 5 ea Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 ¼ cups Sugar
- 1 2/3 cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 6 oz. Semisweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Lightly spray the Baker’s Edge with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the 7 oz. unsweetened chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pot of lightly simmering water.
- The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Stir frequently until chocolate and butter are completely melted.
- Set bowl aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs, vanilla and sugar on high for 10 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low, add melted chocolate/butter mixture, and beat until combined.
- Scrape the bowl well.
- Next add the salt and flour and beat on low until combined.
- Do not over beat.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the 6 oz of semisweet chocolate pieces and pecans.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool brownies completely in the pan.