- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- 2 c. grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 a stick butter
- 1 can of cheddar cheese soup
- 1 pkg. of elbow maccaroni
- 1 c. diced onion
- 1 c. french fried onions
- 1/4 c. milk
- Bring maccaroni to a boil and cook according to directions on the package.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over med. low heat. Once butter is melted add cheddar cheese and onions.
- stir continusly until cheese is melted.
- Add the can of cheddar soup and the 1/4 cup of milk.
- Stir until well mixed and smooth.
- Pour cheddar cheese mixture into drained maccaroni and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and top with french fried onions.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
NotesI was raised that if you have time to make something from a box you have time to cook something from scratch. Both my sister and I have never had packaged mac and cheese. The time it takes to make the boxed delight you can have a homemade version whipped up in no time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More