- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large eggs -- separate out yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream -- cold
- 1/2 cup milk -- cold
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the whites with 1 tablespoon of sugar until soft peaks form and set aside.
- Beat yolks, remaining sugar until creamy and then add the alcohol continuing beating. Set aside.
- Beat the cream until stiff and add the milk. Fold the egg whites, egg yolks, into the whip cream mixture on low speed.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and refrigerate until cool, uncovered.
- I serve in wide coffee cups.
- Serves 6.
- A KitchenAid makes this recipe easy. The longer you beat, the thicker the egg nog will be.
NotesThis has been a traditional Christmas and New Years morning drink around my house for many years.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking Texas 2013
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More