- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 3 large eggs -- separate out yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream -- cold
- 1/2 cup milk -- cold
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the whites with 1 tablespoon of sugar until soft peaks form and set aside.
- Beat yolks, remaining sugar until creamy and then add the alcohol continuing beating. Set aside.
- Beat the cream until stiff and add the milk. Fold the egg whites, egg yolks, into the whip cream mixture on low speed.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on top and refrigerate until cool, uncovered.
- I serve in wide coffee cups.
- Serves 6.
- A KitchenAid makes this recipe easy. The longer you beat, the thicker the egg nog will be.
NotesThis has been a traditional Christmas and New Years morning drink around my house for many years.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More