- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) loaf French bread, crusts trimmed and broken
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Vanilla Sauce (see recipe)
- Grated nutmeg
- Spread butter in ovenproof 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Put bread and milk in large bowl until soaked up.
- With electric mixer, beat eggs, yolks, cream, sugar and rum until thick. Add egg mixture to bread.
- Add raisins and stir. Spread in pan. Sprinkle generously with nutmeg.
- Place dish in larger baking pan. Add water to 2/3 way up dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for one hour.
- Serve with Vanilla Sauce
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More