- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (or nutmeg)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- ½ cup finely crushed butter rum
- or butter scotch hard candies
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together first 5 ingredients. Cut in butter until pieces are the size of small peas.
- 2. Add egg and eggnog. Form into ball. Cover and chill dough for at least 2 hours.
- Choose one of the following methods: (note: Dough will be very soft to work with.)
- A) Roll dough on a well floured surface to 1/4" thickness. Using Cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes. Using small cutter, cut smaller hole in middle of cookie. Place on cookie sheets lined with foil. Sprinkle crushed candy into hole. Bake at 375 for about 10 minutes. Cool on sheet for 5 min. then transfer entire foil & cookies to rack to cool. When cookies are cool, carefully peel foil from bottom of cookies. Spread cookies with Egg-Nog Glaze* (not in candy "hole") and sprinkle with additional crushed candy. (* Egg-Nog Glaze: 3 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp rum & 2 or 3 tblsp eggnog.)
- B) Roll by hand into logs or balls. Glaze & sprinkle as above.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More