- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. broad egg noodles
- 1/2 cup finely diced salt pork (don't use fatback)
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (optional)
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. (These are terrific with my homemade egg noodle recipe.)
- Meanwhile, fry the diced salt pork in a skillet until brown and crispy.
- Drain the egg noodles and return to saucepan.
- Add the cottage cheese, salt pork with the pan drippings, and sour cream, if using. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
- Ingredient amounts can be altered to taste. Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave or stove top and still taste good.
NotesMy sister, Tania, taught my mother this tasty meal or side dish
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More