- Cooking Time: 10-15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
BackstoryMy sister, Tania, taught my mother this tasty meal or side dish
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. broad egg noodles
- 1/2 cup finely diced salt pork (don't use fatback)
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream (optional)
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. (These are terrific with my homemade egg noodle recipe.)
- Meanwhile, fry the diced salt pork in a skillet until brown and crispy.
- Drain the egg noodles and return to saucepan.
- Add the cottage cheese, salt pork with the pan drippings, and sour cream, if using. Stir to combine and serve immediately.
- Ingredient amounts can be altered to taste. Leftovers can be refrigerated and reheated in the microwave or stove top and still taste good.