- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large egg
- 1 C spicy marinara sauce
- 1 slice whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbls Parmesan, freshly grated
- This is one serving.
- Heat marinara sauce in a very small sauce pan until simmering.
- Crack egg into a bowl being careful not to break egg.
- Gently slip egg into simmering sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook 3 - 5 minutes, until yolk is cooked to desired doneness.
- Toast bread and rub with cut clove of garlic.
- Scoop egg and 1/2 C marinara sauce onto toast.
- This would also be great over cooked pasta or creamy or baked polenta.
NotesNo story... this just sounded tasty. There seems to be a lot of different names for it, but it's all basically the same!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Recipes for Vitality
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Frying Pan Cookies
Angel Food Cupcakes With Raspberry Swirl
Home-Style Asian BurgerSee More