- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 3/4 cup sweet pickles, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon pickle juice
- 1/2 cup mayo or Miracle Whip (test this with maybe a little less then check to see if it's to dry)
- Salt to taste
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and drain on paper towels
- 1 tomato, sliced
- lettuce pieces
- toasted white bread
- Boil eggs 12-15 minutes. Peel.
- In a medium bowl, dice eggs and add pickles, onion, pickle juice, mayo, salt and mix well. If it's dry, add more mayo or Miracle Whip.
- In a skillet, fry bacon and drain on paper towel.
- Slice tomato and rinse lettuce pieces.
- In a toaster, toast bread.
- Assemble sandwiches. Spread a little mayo on inside of toast. Spread with egg salad. Top with bacon, lettuce and tomato.
NotesHello! Where have you been all my life! Egg Salad with bacon, lettuce and tomato! :) I love having sandwiches in the warm weather! I make BLT's alot in the summer to use up the fresh, juicy, sweet tomatoes from the garden! I also make egg salad sandwiches and I boil my eggs early in the morning so my house doesn't heat up!
Like the commercial where the peanut butter says to the chocolate, "You've got your chocolate in my peanut butter" well with this sandwich the egg salad says to the BLT, "You've got your BLT in my egg salad"! Delicious, Yummy and you've got to try it!
I found a recipe on Pinterest for Deviled Egg Salad BLT by Rachael Ray but I love my egg salad so much I decided to make my own! This is MY recipe for homemade egg salad and I don't measure anything so add to any of the ingredients if you like!