EGG AND CHEESE BAKE (HAM OF SAUSAGE)
Egg and Cheese Bake (Ham of Sausage)
- 16 Slices Of Bread W/Crust Removed
- 8 Slices Of Cheddar Cheese Or Grated Package
- 8 Slices Of Ham Or Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Dry Mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Beaten Eggs With 3 Cups Of Milk
- 1 Cup Of Special K Cereal
- Greased Pan (9”X13”)
Lay bread in pan, place ham on top or sprinkle cooked Jimmy Dean sausage on top. Place cheese over ham or sausage.
Beat eggs, milk, add mustard and salt. Pour mixture over bread, cheese and meat. Cover with wrap and let stand overnight in refrigerator.
Next Day – Dot with butter and sprinkle Special K on top. Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour. You can lightly sprinkle grated cheddar cheese on top of the mixture if preferred.
My friend used grated cheese and sausage. She cooked the sausage and then put it in a blender to make a finer meat to spread.