- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 12-16 bars
- Preparation Time: 20
- 20-28 ginger snap cookies, finely ground (1 cup)
- 57 whole gram crackers, finely ground (1/2 cup)
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar (for crust)
- ¾ cup sugar (for filling)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2- 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 teaspoon rum or 2 tbsp. imitation rum
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for dusting
- Vegetable oil cooking spray, for pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Stir together ginger snaps and graham crackers, sugar (for crust) and the melted butter. Press into bottom of pan. Bake until crust is just brown around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with a food processor and process until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the 3/4 cup sugar, eggs, yolk, and eggnog, rum, vanilla, nutmeg; process until smooth. Pour filling over crust. Set pan on top rack over a roasting pan on bottom rack fill with hot water to about halfway. Bake until just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 20 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Lightly dust tops of bars with ground nutmeg just before serving.