- Cooking Time: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dairy or nondairy eggnog
- sifted powder sugar
- ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350F. In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and nutmeg. Set aside. In large mixing bowl, cream butter, about 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg and mix well. Add the flour mix and eggnog alternately to the sugar/butter mix.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Dough may still be sticky but it is a soft dough and will be.
- Take out half the dough at a time (leaving rest in the fridge). On a lightly floured surface, take one tablespoon of the dough and roll into a rope shape (about 1/2 inch thick and 8 inches long) On a cookie sheet lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper, place the rope in a loop, cross one end over the other. Make the shape slightly oval. (should look like pretzels) Bake 6 to 8 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Remove cookies and cool on wire rack. While still warm, sprinkle tops with powdered sugar and nutmeg.
NotesI had to think of a cookie recipe for the BakeSpace Challenge. Since my family doesn't have any traditional cookies that we bake every year, I decided to find a recipe that originates from the country my grandfather came from...Norway.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More