- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. rum or rum extract.. I use the rum
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. rum extract...I use rum
- 2 TB. light cream or milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the nutmeg, egg and extracts; mix thouroughly. Stir in flour. If necessary, chill dough for easier handling.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into 1/2 in. diameter rolls; cut each into 3-in. long pieces. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 2 cups sugar and extracts; mix well. Beat in cream and remaining sugar. Frost cookies. With tines of a small fork, make lines down the frosting to simulate bark. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield 4 1/2 dozen
- Enjoy! :) Donna
NotesI made these for Christmas and everyone loved them. They are different then most cookies because they really taste like eggnog. Also, they are easier to make than roll-out cookies and can be whipped up in no time. Try these if you like eggnog! You won't be disappointed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More