- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. rum or rum extract.. I use the rum
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. rum extract...I use rum
- 2 TB. light cream or milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the nutmeg, egg and extracts; mix thouroughly. Stir in flour. If necessary, chill dough for easier handling.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into 1/2 in. diameter rolls; cut each into 3-in. long pieces. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- For frosting, cream butter until light and fluffy. Add 2 cups sugar and extracts; mix well. Beat in cream and remaining sugar. Frost cookies. With tines of a small fork, make lines down the frosting to simulate bark. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield 4 1/2 dozen
- Enjoy! :) Donna
NotesI made these for Christmas and everyone loved them. They are different then most cookies because they really taste like eggnog. Also, they are easier to make than roll-out cookies and can be whipped up in no time. Try these if you like eggnog! You won't be disappointed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Sauteed Spinach with Garlic: Julie & Julia
Red Cabbage and Apple Salad with Ginger Vinaigrette
Marly's Vegan Coconut CakeSee More