- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16 to 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan, gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Blend a small amount into egg yolk and return to pan; mix well.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Store in fridge and serve with cake.
- 16-20 servings.
- Note: you can add rum extract for extra flavor.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
Savoury Gluntinous Rice
Bruschetta with Tomato and BasilSee More