- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of Crisco shortening
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of commercial dairy eggnog
- 3 cups of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of butter extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Cream butter and shortening. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Using a spoon, add flour to creamed mixture alternately with eggnog, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in flavorings. Blend well. Pour batter into well-greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325ºF. for 1 1/2 hours. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove.
NotesIf you have a little extra eggnogg during the holidays, try this cake and then serve it with eggnogg!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More