- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of Crisco shortening
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of commercial dairy eggnog
- 3 cups of sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of butter extract
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Cream butter and shortening. Gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Using a spoon, add flour to creamed mixture alternately with eggnog, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in flavorings. Blend well. Pour batter into well-greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325ºF. for 1 1/2 hours. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove.
NotesIf you have a little extra eggnogg during the holidays, try this cake and then serve it with eggnogg!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Recipes for Vitality
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More