- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 egg, room temperature, slightly beaten
- 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups flour (I use bread flour, but you can use all purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- Heat the eggnog and 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Let cool until temperature is about 110 degrees F (like bathwater warm).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggnog mixture with yeast, egg, and 2 cups of the flour and the salt; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes. (Alternately, just use the dough hook on your mixer and let the mixer knead the dough for about five minutes)
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a clean damp towel. Allow dough to rise until double, about 1 hour. In the mean time, in a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into a 12X9 inch rectangle (I like to do this on my Silpat). Spread the dough with the cinnamon/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with chopped cranberries. Roll up the dough from the long side and pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 equal sized pieces and place into a greased 9X13 inch pan. Cover and let rise until doubled.
- Bake rolls at 375 ° for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and frost with Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting while warm.
NotesHow many different ways can one make cinnamon rolls? I've been creative with them before, but this version is mighty good. Don't forget to spread the Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting over the top!
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean pasteSee More