- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Cut eggplant in 3/4” slices.
- Salt both sides.
- Let sit about 20 minutes.
- Rinse pieces and drain.
- Put on oiled baking dish.
- Put a little oil and oregano on top.
- Cover with foil or wok top.
- Bake in 350 to 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes until just tender.
- Cover with a tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese (your choice).
- Broil a few minutes just before serving.
NotesPhotograph from Kalyn's Kitchen: http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2012/08/recipe-for-julia-childs-eggplant-pizzas.html
Yvette's Notes: A long, thin eggplant (female) is preferable to a short, rounder eggplant (male). The female eggplant has more, smaller seeds; the male eggplant bas larger, fewer seeds, and a more bitter taste. Male eggplants tend to have less of an indentation on the vine stem end than the females.