- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 6-8 Asian eggplants, cut into coin size pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat deep skillet or wok over medium heat, add oil and swirl it around the skillet or wok. Saute the eggplant until nearly tender about 5-6 minutes. Cover and cook for a couple more minutes until very tender.
- Pour the sake mixture over eggplants. Stir to coat for about a minute or until sauce thickens and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Serve over a bed of noodles or rice, sprinkle with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
NotesThis recipe makes enough for 2 entree servings. Use long narrow Asian eggplants (brinjals).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More