- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 6-8 Asian eggplants, cut into coin size pieces
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat deep skillet or wok over medium heat, add oil and swirl it around the skillet or wok. Saute the eggplant until nearly tender about 5-6 minutes. Cover and cook for a couple more minutes until very tender.
- Pour the sake mixture over eggplants. Stir to coat for about a minute or until sauce thickens and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Serve over a bed of noodles or rice, sprinkle with green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
NotesThis recipe makes enough for 2 entree servings. Use long narrow Asian eggplants (brinjals).
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More