- Cooking Time: 30-40 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 min
BackstoryThis family recipe has been used many times. Especially when using eggplant fresh from the garden.
- 2 eggplants (peeled and cubed)
- 1 lb ground veal or beef
- 1 med onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks green onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place eggplant, water,oregano, salt, red and white pepper in saucepan and simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain water and crush eggplant.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Season veal with salt and pepper to taste and fry until lightly brown.
- Add onion, garlic and green onion and simmer 2 minutes.
- Drain excess fat.
- Grease a 1 1/2 -qt casserole dish.
- Combine meat with bread crumbs, eggplant, egg and cinnamon.
- Pour tomato sauce over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, SatisfyingSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More