- Cooking Time: 30-40 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 eggplants (peeled and cubed)
- 1 lb ground veal or beef
- 1 med onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks green onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Place eggplant, water,oregano, salt, red and white pepper in saucepan and simmer 15 minutes.
- Drain water and crush eggplant.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Season veal with salt and pepper to taste and fry until lightly brown.
- Add onion, garlic and green onion and simmer 2 minutes.
- Drain excess fat.
- Grease a 1 1/2 -qt casserole dish.
- Combine meat with bread crumbs, eggplant, egg and cinnamon.
- Pour tomato sauce over casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
NotesThis family recipe has been used many times. Especially when using eggplant fresh from the garden.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Food Travels Through Italy
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More